McHENRY – Centegra Health System will sponsor Mammo Monday events throughout McHenry County during March and April.
Offerings include screening mammograms, bone-density screenings, free expert bra fittings and light snacks.
Mammo Mondays also are part of Centegra’s Pearls for Wellness program. Women who participate in select health and wellness programs will be rewarded with a genuine cultured, freshwater pearl from Dalzell Jewelers and Centegra Health System to begin building a keepsake necklace. Women can go online to centegra.org/pearl to sign up for the program and see a complete list of qualifying health and wellness services.
Upcoming Mammo Mondays will be offered from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the following locations:
• March 4 at Centegra Gavers Breast Center, 360 N. Terra Cotta Road, Crystal Lake.
• March 11 at Centegra Hospital – McHenry, 4201 Medical Center Drive.
• March 18 at Centegra Health Center – Huntley, 10350 Haligus Road.
• March 25 at Centegra Hospital – Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road.
• April 1 at Centegra Gavers Breast Center, 360 N. Terra Cotta Road, Crystal Lake.
• April 8 at Centegra Hospital – McHenry, 4201 Medical Center Drive.
• April 15 at Centegra Health Center – Huntley, 10350 Haligus Road.
• April 22 at Centegra Hospital – Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road.
The American Cancer Society recommends annual mammograms for women 40 and older to maintain breast health and as a proven way to detect breast cancer in its earliest stage.
30-minute appointments are easy to schedule and are recommended. Walk-ins are welcome at Centegra Health Center – Huntley and Centegra Gavers Breast Center in Crystal Lake.
Physician orders are needed for a mammogram screening and a bone density exam.
Patients should bring a physician order to the appointment.
Financial assistance is available.
To schedule an appointment, call 815-334-5566 or visit centegra.org/mammo for details.