MCC to offer culinary classes in June
McHenry County College’s Continuing Education Department is offering noncredit culinary classes this summer 2013.
These classes take place at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park, 401 Country Club Road in Crystal Lake.
Culinary classes cost $65 per person, except for the Adult Culinary Boot Camp, which costs $195 per person.
Spaces are limited, so early registration is recommended.
The following classes are available:
• Healthy Cooking: Healthy and flavorful can go hand-in-hand, and this class will show how that’s done. Learn how to cook food in a healthy way with an added Latin flair to enhance the flavor. The class takes place from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Saturday, June 1. Use course ID: NCU S25 006 when registering.
• Adult Culinary Boot Camp: Explore the fundamental methods of cooking from basics to advance techniques and improve skills with a trained professional chef. On the last day, participants will bring everything together to plan and produce a menu with a classmate that incorporates all the skills learned throughout the series. The class takes place from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, June 4 through June 6. Use course ID: NCU S92 006 when registering. Cost is $195 per person.
• Knife Skills: Knife A professional chef will discuss different knife varieties, how to care for a knife, including sharpening, honing, cleaning and storing. Learn the proper handling and the most useful cuts and techniques using herbs and vegetables. A demo on cleaning and slicing fruits is included. The class meets from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Saturday, June 8. Use course ID: NCU S33 006 when registering.
• Picnic in the Park: A picnic is a moveable feast, and being able to leave the table is one thing that makes a picnic so special. Learn how to create a picnic basket, including a few picnic classics with a twist. The class takes place from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Friday, June 15. Register using course ID: NCU S82 006.
• Date Night: Work side by side in the kitchen with a special someone, then sit down together to enjoy the amazing meal. Participants will learn essential preparation techniques from professional chefs so they can create their own date nights far into the future. The $65 fee is per person. The class takes place from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Friday, June 21. Use course ID: NCU S36 006 when registering.
To register, call the MCC Registration Office at 815-455-8588. For information, call Tracy Berry at 815-455-8758 or Dori Sullens at 815-455-8559.