Happy Hawks log heavy minutes
Call it a hunch, but the Blackhawks might decide to sleep in Thursday morning.
The Hawks’ 4-3 win against the Boston Bruins required three overtimes and more than 103 minutes of ice time Wednesday at the United Center. The game finally ended in the Hawks’ favor when Andrew Shaw scored on a double deflection.
Hawks players jumped off of the bench and lifted their sticks in gratitude to the fans who stayed until midnight – almost five hours after the puck dropped – to see the game-winning goal. Many players hunched over in exhaustion before they departed the ice and headed to the locker room.
Here’s a look at which Hawks players might have been the most tired.
• Duncan Keith: 48 minutes, 40 seconds of ice time
• Niklas Hjalmarsson: 39 minutes, 38 seconds
• Brent Seabrook: 39 minutes, 12 seconds
• Patrick Kane: 37 minutes, 49 seconds
• Johnny Oduya: 37 minutes, 20 seconds
• Jonathan Toews: 36 minutes, 24 seconds
The Hawks will not have practice Thursday. They’ll be back on the ice Friday in preparation for Game 2 on Saturday evening at the United Center.