MCC offers fall day trips
CRYSTAL LAKE – Explore an old Germantown neighborhood in Chicago, catch a baseball game in Milwaukee, browse through Galena, or join a photo safari through the Northwest Territory with one-day trips offered by McHenry County College’s Trips and Tours program.
• Cubs-Brewers Game at Miller Park: Enjoy seats in the Loge Infield at Miller Park at a game featuring some friendly rivalry. Trip participants can relax on their way to Milwaukee in a luxury motorcoach. Register early, as seats are limited. This day trip takes place from 4 p.m. to midnight Sept. 16. The cost is $69. To register, use course ID: NST S09 016.
• German Fest-Chicago: Explore the Old Germantown neighborhood on Lincoln Avenue to view the picturesque wall mural depicting scenes from the German countryside and browse the quaint European-style stores, bakery and delicatessen. Visit a historic German church and learn about the beer barons and beer riots. Enjoy lunch at the Brauhaus, and tour the DANK Haus German-American Cultural Center. This day trip takes place from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 25. The cost is $99 and includes lunch. Use course ID: NST S19 025 when registering.
• Autumn in Galena: Enjoy an autumn day in scenic Galena shopping downtown, spectacular dining for lunch, along with touring and tasting at Galena Cellars Vineyard and Winery. This tour takes place from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Oct. 4. Trip participants will meet in the MCC Commons. The cost is $119 and includes lunch. To register, use course ID: NST S10 004. Register before Sept. 2.
• Galena and the Northwest Territory Photo Safari: Take in breathtaking scenery that includes visits to a winery, a farmers' market, pottery studios, and an alpaca fleece demonstration. Other photo ops will include pumpkins, cobblestone streets, a fall art show, and even an old stockade. An optional hot-air balloon ride is available for an additional fee. This tour departs from Rock Valley Community College in Rockford. Students will be contacted by the Photo Safari Network the week of the safari, with details. This day trip takes place from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 12. The cost is $99. To register, use course ID: NST S20 010.
• "Wicked the Musical": The witches of Oz are back by popular demand. Lunch is on one's own before the 2 p.m. matinee. Loge seats. This tour takes place from 9:15 a.m. to 7 p.m. Oct. 31 and will meet in the MCC Commons. The cost is $149. To register, use course ID: NST S31 010.
No refunds are available for any of these trips.
To register for any of these trips, call the MCC Registration Office at 815-455-8588. For information, call Claudia Terrones at 815-455-8782.