Mostly Cloudy
71°FMostly CloudyFull Forecast

San Diego mayor back in lawsuit settlement talks

Published: Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013 2:00 p.m. CDT
Caption
(Denis Poroy)
Supporters of San Diego Mayor Bob Filner hold up signs during a rally at the San Diego Concourse on Monday, Aug. 19, 2013, in San Diego. San Diego's City Hall opened as usual Monday but Filner was nowhere to be found, still out of public view as he tries to survive a recall effort prompted by a cascade of sexual harassment allegations that led the entire City Council and many leading fellow Democrats to call for him to resign. (AP Photo/Denis Poroy)

SAN DIEGO (AP) — City officials say San Diego's embattled mayor is spending a second day in settlement talks in a sexual harassment lawsuit against him.

City Council President Todd Gloria said Tuesday that he wants a good result from the mediation discussions with Mayor Bob Filner.

Gloria and Councilman Kevin Faulconer say they cannot divulge details of the discussions but both previously said the 70-year-old former congressman should resign after a number of women accused him of sexual harassment.

Faulconer confirmed Filner has been present in the talks that started Monday after he returned from two weeks of therapy.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Northwest Herald.

Reader Poll

Where is your favorite TV show broadcast?
Network TV
Cable TV
Online stream