TLC Art of the Land benefit schedule announced
WOODSTOCK – The Land Conservancy of McHenry County’s fifth annual Art of the Land Benefit Art Show and Sale will be Sept. 20 to 21 at the Historic Starline Building, 306 Front St., Harvard.
Tickets are $20 a person if ordered by close of business Wednesday, $30 at the door, and are good for both nights. Tickets can be ordered at www.conservemc.org or by calling 815-337-9502.
The art show and sale features more than 100 artists and photographers who are donating 30 percent of their sales to support TLC land preservation.
The event also includes:
• Voices of the Land from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Sept. 20. The program features conversations with local landowners about their experiences with the land. Farmers as well as landowners who take care of the wetlands, oak woods and prairies on their land will speak with host Harold Rail of Woodstock.
• Live music by singer-songwriter Ryan Cooper from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Sept. 20 and Jeremy Bates from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Sept. 21.
• Gourmet hors d’oeuvres both nights created especially for Art of the Land by 1776 Restaurant using local seasonal produce and meats. Sweets will be donated by local confectioners and restaurants.
• Photography contest voting and results will be Sept. 21, with people’s choice voting open until 8:30 p.m. Winners will be announced at 9 p.m.
• A Treasure Hunt Raffle both nights where three people will win an original piece of art of their choice by finding the answers to questions about the art, photography and the artists featured.
TLC is a local, nonprofit organization that works with landowners and communities throughout McHenry County to preserve scenic, natural and agricultural land resources.
For information, visit www.conservemc.org.