Biased editorial page
To the Editor:
I looked over the Oct. 6 editorial page and saw an interesting pattern.
The cartoon had an elderly, wheelchair-bound World War II vet rolling over the flattened President Obama on his way to the WWII memorial. Then there was Cal Thomas’ column about how the “battle to repeal Obamacare can only be won in the states.” Finally, the “Speak Out” section featured the opinion of a gentleman who blamed the president for the government shutdown.
Let’s be clear: The government shutdown is a byproduct of the two political parties being childish and refusing to compromise. A better cartoon would have featured Speaker Boehner flattened alongside the president.
As for Thomas, we know we can’t rely on him to be unbiased. Still, he acts as if the poll that found 54 percent of Americans oppose Obamacare is a staggering condemnation. Maybe another columnist is needed to explain why Democrats need to explain why the other 46 percent should support the program more visibly.
The one-sided reporting in the Herald leads its readers to put the blame for the government shutdown unfairly on one person. Let’s not forget that Obamacare was passed through Congress by both parties.
This is what happens when Cal Thomas, Charles Krauthammer and biased cartoons dominate the editorial page.