Downtown Crystal Lake businesses honored
CRYSTAL LAKE – The Downtown Crystal Lake/Main Street annual meeting and awards night was Jan. 27 at the Raue Center for the Arts.
Each year members cast ballots for local recognitions rewarding the efforts of area volunteers and business leaders. Businesses and individuals were recognized and honored with a Downtown Gem Award from the Crystal Lake Main Street organization.
The awards highlight the businesses and people that have been instrumental in making downtown the heart of Crystal Lake. The award winners are:
• Best-dressed window (holiday): Wickham Interiors
• Best-dressed window (year round): Lulu’s Wiggin Out
• Most attractive interior: Yours & Meyn
• Front door award: Riverside Chocolate Factory
• Best customer service: Wear Did U Get That?
• Best business neighbor: The Hair Depot, Joe’s Barber Shop
• Rookie of the year: Kellie Wilson, Evolve
• Outstanding business volunteer: Mary Batson, Out of the Box
• Outstanding individual volunteer: Dawn Goerger, Suran Built
• Most improved building: Waggoner Building on Williams Street
• Main Street Spirit Award: Freddy Lagunes
• Outstanding Sponsor Award: Dalzell Jewelers
• Manager’s Choice Award: Richard Harms, Countryside Flowershop & Nursery
• Outstanding community partner: City of Crystal Lake Street Department
For information, visit www.downtowncl.org.