A Few Clouds
59°FA Few CloudsFull Forecast

No one injured when Cary dryer catches fire

Published: Friday, July 4, 2014 12:25 a.m. CDT

CARY – A dryer fire in a Cary home resulted in no structural damage or injuries Thursday evening, a fire official said.

The Cary Fire Protection District was dispatched at 7:33 p.m. Thursday to 116 N. Second St. for a dryer that caught fire, Capt. Dennis Krenz said.

The department is investigating the fire, which started in a natural gas dryer with no clothes in it, he said. It appeared to be accidental. No one was hurt in the fire, Krenz said.

– Emily K. Coleman

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Northwest Herald.

Comments

Reader Poll

How many games will the Bears win this season?
Seven or fewer
Eight
Nine or 10
11 or 12
13 or more