No one injured when Cary dryer catches fire

CARY – A dryer fire in a Cary home resulted in no structural damage or injuries Thursday evening, a fire official said.

The Cary Fire Protection District was dispatched at 7:33 p.m. Thursday to 116 N. Second St. for a dryer that caught fire, Capt. Dennis Krenz said.

The department is investigating the fire, which started in a natural gas dryer with no clothes in it, he said. It appeared to be accidental. No one was hurt in the fire, Krenz said.

– Emily K. Coleman